Saturday 16 January 2010

Aurangabad. Day 17




To begin with: Is anyone that I sent a link to for this blog reading this? I haven't seen many comments from you on here. Let me know all this writing isn't in vain please lol...

So now we are in Aurangabad. Its a nice place; not to busy and the people are friendly. The reason for our stay here was to visit the Ellora caves which are about 20km away. We went there yesterday and had a really good day (see pics on Eri's post too)


Whilst here we also discovered that there is mini Taj mahal (ordered by the originals son) and that there is a large fort nearby with a hilltop view. The weather is also cooler here making the dash for shade (no sea here) less urgent. We also have a decent hotel room (with a window) and a comfy bed. Stopping here has also given me the chance to wash some clothes. I have discovered a new found definition of what to wear here. It goes a little like this:
1) Dirty but not smelly = wearable
2) Dirty and slightly smelly = wearable
3) Dirty and really smelly = time to wash
After washing my clothes return to option 1 ie they are still dirty but not smelly.
I also thought that I would include a little map of where we are and were we have been.




Here it is:











No comments: